Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rory


Yesterday I went in for my normal baby checkup, and for the passed over 24 hours have been working myself up about what's going on my belly. Nothing dangerous.. My appointment a month ago: The nurse practitioner said my uterus was measuring larger than was it "should" be, 2 weeks larger (I didn't know it was that much bigger until I went in yesterday for my appointment and she told me) She said yesterday that my last appointment I was measuring 2 weeks bigger, and this appointment I measured 4 weeks bigger! How does that number double?? She it was 29 inches.. maybe I should look that up and make sure 4 weeks is right! Anyway, my ultrasound results that got sent to my doctor's office had two different numbers on them, one that said she was measuring 22 weeks 1 day, and on a different part said 24 weeks exactly (which is what they told me at the ultrasound appointment). So now they have me all sorts of confused, and I don't know why they would put 22 weeks and 1 day AND 24 weeks. I was only 21 1/2 weeks when I went to the appointment so where the 22 weeks and 1 day came from I just don't know. The thing that is really freaking me out is.. I've heard people say they've had their uterus measured bigger, they even say up to 7 weeks bigger! But how does it go from 2 weeks at one appointment to 4 weeks at the next. I wouldn't be worried about it if it stayed consistant. I'm very convinced that I am not having twins and the tech just happened to look over it. I've been googling and haven't seen anything about that happening at the 20 week ultrasound. That would be insane. I googled "sign it's twins!" too (haha) and it said that your uterus is larger than average and you gain more weight (I gained 10 pounds from my last appointment! ha). But it also had a lot of other signs that I don't have. So I just want to know when my due date is so I can tell them to induce me early, ha. Maybe she will come on my birthday :) That would be exciting. Anyway I needed to vent.. again.. and now I'm done.


Marley woke up from her nap and came out into the living room.. I just looked down and she was asleep, ha.



3 comments:

Nicole said...

1. Love your belly!
2. I wish Etahn could fall asleep like that on me .
2. I love the pics of Marley eating the watermelon!!!! VERY good. Have you tried to use the eye brighting action in PS or picnik.

Nicole said...

3. I wish I knew how to count lol
4. I wish I could spell my own kids name LOL!!!!

Kourtney said...

hahaha. I didn't know there was an eye brightening action! i should try that.