Thursday, January 6, 2011

hmmm

Since we've been back from Maryland I have been trying to get Rory to be a better sleeper.. well it's been sucking the life out of me. I started reading (and then finished read and then re-read a few more times) The No-Cry Sleep Solution.. Sometimes I wish I knew enough about something so that I could write a book.. I guess if the topic were How To Agitate Your Own Clothes In A Barely Working Washing Machine.. or How To Go On An 'Eat Everything In Sight' Diet.. I would do a pretty good job.. Now what was I talking about? ..

Oh yeah, sleep training. The book has really good points about sleep, and since I don't have the power to do a cry-it-out sleep training method I'm trying my hardest to do it the way the book says. Rory now listens to Metallica (in lullaby version) and snuggles up to her purple Sock Monkey and falls asleep.. but it takes FOREVER to get her to go to sleep.. we just started though so hopefully it will pass.. and be easier.. one day.....

Marley has a new toddler bed.. she doesn't sleep it in.. but she has one. I plan to work with her on sleeping in there soon but I can't do both at the same time.. I would probably end up pulling all of my hair out.

Marley got TONS of little toys for Christmas that have covered the floor here at the CallaHawks for the last week and a half. I've resorted to throwing some away and Charlie has ruined others. Marley has found my new package of undies and has been wearing them around saying "my showt" which is how she says shirt. She says a lot lately. A lot.. Right now she has a play egg and is pretending its soap.. "Wash? Wash??" Then rubbing her hand on the "soap" and then "washing" my leg. Ha. My favorite is when she tells me it's time for night night.. She forces my head down then rubs my hair, saying "shh night night" and if I try to get up I'm in BIIGG TROUBLE. She also started this new thing where she adds an "uh" sound to the end of all her words.. mommia.. roria.. SJ-a.. cookia.. I have no idea why she does it, lol.


We spent Christmas Eve and Christmorning morning with my family..





We left late morning on Christmas day ... this was Marley's reaction to the plane taking off.. She was such a disaster from being so tired on the plane ride home there was definitely no picture taking..


  this is the bridge we crossed to get to Bobby's grandma's house..




 don't worry Marley and Rory don't sleep by each other unless I'm awake.. Im not crazy!






1 comment:

Nicole said...

Rory looks so big already. They grow up so fast huh? Ready for #3 lol? I want to go on a vacay with Ethan but I doubt a family trip would be in the works for us until this next one is at least 3. Im not as brave as you guys. Cute pics btw!