There is nothing more sad than the after-a-hard-cry-sniffles. You know the ones where you can't breath normally because you've just been crying too hard? Well it's even more sad when it's your almost 4 month old doing it! Today I took zackary to the doctor to rule out any physical illnesses he may have. The Zantac/biogaia mixture has been doing well but the last couple days have been.. Well.. Not so hot. Especially around bed time. And now that I say that it made me realize that the last couple days were the weekend. And maybe the fact that we get out of our normal routine somewhat on the weekends may have something to do with it? Anyway.. No ear infections or anything like that. So I decided I would start letting my little baby boy cry a little bit. :( I know I'm awful. But with how frustrating it gets trying to rock him to sleep with him fighting so hard to stay awake I decided its the best thing. So tonight I gave him a bath, lotioned him, dressed him, nursed him, and put him to bed with his paci and his white noise. I waited until he started to fuss, and then I gave him five minutes. I went in and rubbed his cheek and gave him his paci and walked out. I did this four times and he finally fell asleep... For 30 minutes. Now THAT is even more frustrating than listening to him cry. It's like everything you did was for nothing and now you just have to do it again. I waited five minutes befor going in and giving him his paci. And then I waited another five minutes. And then I gave up :( Every time I gave him his paci back he stopped crying but did the after-a-hard-cry-sniffles and it was too much for me to take. So I put him in his bouncy seat and came up with another plan that was easier on both of us. I put him in his bouncy seat, which I then put in his PAC n play in my room. I gave him his paci and bounced him and if he started to cry I would walk away for a few minutes and come back and try again. it took a few times but eventually he calmed down so I stopped bouncing him and just let him sit, watched him, and slowly, step by step, I walked away. While he was still awake. And he had calmed down enough that he just sat and fell asleep.
And then the dog started barking....
1 comment:
Polka Dot does that too. Right when I get Jackson to sleep...she barks. Sooo frustrating! Hopefully it gets better for you!
Post a Comment