Monday, January 28, 2013

Bobby's grandma (Bubby) visit last week. It was a nice break from cleaning, because she wouldn't stop. Lol. I kept telling her to just leave it, but she really wanted to be helpful, and he definitely was. I was busy fighting with Zac to sleep. I decided to let him cry in longer and longer increments, which kind of worked, but I would always end up staying in the room until he fell asleep. This worked really well at first, and he started sleeping longer t night, but then he kept demanding me to stay in the room longer and longer. So this week I decided I would stick to the "Solve your child's sleep problems" book and really get him sleeping better. So far so good. The first nap was the worst and after a half hour (going by the book) I just gave up until his next nap. He was so tired by that time that I only had to wait five minutes an go back into the room and lay him down (and walk out) for him to fall asleep. And at night time I can't remember how long it took ha. But I believe he slept around 6 hours before waking up again. Yesterday he fell asleep for each nap and night time without any crying and without me in the room, so it took one whole day of crying in order for him to get the hang of it. Last night he woke up at 9, 11, 1, 3, 5, and 630. Lol. Not so great. But I didn't nurse him, I gave him a drank, laid him down, gave him his paci, and he went back to sleep. So not too bad. Pretty happy with how it's going.

Rory has a habit of taking off her diaper right before she falls asleep, so her bed has been peed in too many times. She only wears a diaper at night. I usually check on them in their room after they're asleep and put it back on her, but sometimes I fall asleep before I get the chance. She needs some plastic sheets!!i have mattress cleaner for our bed but the girls beds are foam and idk if its cleaning them the right way or not. Probably not.

We decided to send both girls to preschool in September. Marley really likes it and I want rory to go for at least the first year. We were worried about sending rory too early because her birthday is August 11, and the cut off date is August 1, but since we're homeschooling it's not that big of a deal, and Ms Linda said she could come even though she would have just turned 3.

Marleys gymnastics skills are getting ridiculous. She can do a headstand and hold it for about ten seconds and she will run and do a sort of front hand spring type move but doesn't land on her feet (obviously... Because that would be insane), she just fort of falls on her back.

I took the kids pictures yesterday for Valentines day cards. They kind of impossible to take pictures of. Marley wants to do the opposite of what you say "Marley say cheese" "No mommy I say butterfly" "No Marley I need you to say cheese so it looks like you're smiling" "Butterfly, butterfly. Butterfly..." And rory is just a pain in every way ha. Zac is the easiest, but he tries to crawl off the table (where I took the pictures) and wants to look the opposite direction.

No comments: