Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring

Well so far spring has not been that great, although today was a really good day. I want it to stay like this but I'm sure it won't. I started my plants today, they are all sitting on top of the refrigerator waiting to sprout! I'm hoping they actually do. Marley had fun helping me, she cut the plastic wrap that I had to wrap the containers in and I sat (kind of) patiently waiting for her to cut pieces of it for me. We planted radishes (because marley wanted to), parsnips, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, butternut squash, and a lot of other things. I'm probably planing WAY too much but oh well. I'm just going to buy a strawberry plant and a blueberry bush I think. And the other berries too. Marley was on spring break this week and we did nothing. Stayed at home the whole time. I destroys our house in an attempt to organize it. Then I had to clean it all up. It looks better tho! At least to me! I've been trying to teach marley to read small words but either I'm doing to the wrong way or she just isn't ready. So I guess I'll try that again in a couple months. Rory has become quite the crabby pants the last couple weeks. She screams at me like she's my boss. We do the "1-2-3" rule. Go ahead and laugh but it works, and I'm not sure why. So whenever she screams or does anything I don't want her to I count to three. And she just stops. Well most of the time. Sometimes she doesn't and I actually have to stop her. It still works on marley too. Zackary is walking like crazy. He loves to play with the big balls that you get from Walmart in the big wire thing... You know....??? Ha.. Well he stands there holding it and then throws it and then walks 7-8 steps to go get it. Sometimes he falls and if he throws it too far he will crawl. But it's so cute watching his little legs walk. I also think he says dog lol. But it could be anything. If I tell him to say dog he will make the sound but he is probably just saying dah!

********

Days later and I thought of stuff to add to this post (since my phone is dumb and won't publish it).

The past couple of days rory has been sneaking down to the bottom bunk and sleeping with marley. We don't even realize it until I go in to check on them before I go to sleep. Tonight I went on ad couldn't find either of them. I just heard snoring. Their beds take up the entire back wall of their room, so on each bunk that bobby built they each have a big square of empty space, like a little cubby where they keep al their stuff. Anyway, that's where I found both of them. Just sleeping on the wood, sharing a pillow. Back to back. It was just so cute.
Zacs nose started running again a couple days ago. Right after he finished his antibiotic. But rory is a bit sniffley too so it might just be a bug thing...

No comments: