Saturday, March 28, 2009

SHE'S HERE!







Marley Lorynzo Callahan
March 19, 2009 4:57 p.m.
9 lbs 8 oz, 21 inches long




:D


Labor Story:
On Wednesday the 18th me and Bobby had a doctor's appointment, and we had the option for Dr. Hannon to so a "membrane stripping." Not exactly sure what it is but there's a 50/50 chance that it can put you into labor. So of course we did it :) At 10 pm me and Bobby were watching LOST and i started having more constant contractions that weren't irregular. I kept it a secret because I didn't want to get to excited, or get Bobby's hopes up. So at midnight Bobby started noticing that they were more regular and tried to get me to call the doctor. But I wasn't going to and be one of those paranoid people who go to the hospital and then leave 5 minutes later because it's false labor! So Bobby calls and the on-call doctor tells us just go to the hospital to get checked out. So before we leave I go in and tell Bethie that we're going to the hospital but we'll prolly be back within the hour. Well we get there and the hook me all up to the machines and turns out my contractions WERE regular and every 3-5 minutes so I didn't feel so stupid. Sooooo I'm officially in labor! We called to let Bethie know and she showed up a little bit later. Eventually my Kristina, Aunt Kristie, and then Bradi show up to join the fun. They kept asking me if I needed anything for pain but.. I wasn't really in any pain. I ended up getting the epidural before any bad contractions started because the two ladies that did it had to do some c-section anaestesia and I didn't want to be in too much pain and not be able to get the medicine. It wasn't too bad at all, it was really hard for me to arch my back, but the two ladies were really funny and them and Bobby helped me through it. So I was pretty much set for the rest of the time. So I go from 3 cm to 5 cm and that took about 9 hours! The doctor came in and broke my water and I went from 5 to 9 cm within.. 2 hours maybe? IDK the details are kind of fuzzy. But all of a sudden the doctor comes back and I am 10 cm and she says I think we can start pushing. I pretty much started freakin out inside but stayed pretty calm on the inside. I started pushing! I felt a lot of pressure and then I started to feel the contractions again and OMG DID THEY HURT!!! I can't imagine people who had to deal with the pain the whole labor process because these were some intense contractions. My back was throbbing and my stomach was tightening.. woo.. it was crazy. So I got more medicine to make it go away and for about an hour of pushing.. maybe a little longer.. Bobby and the nurse kept saying they could see her head. "OMG LOOK AT ALL THAT HAIR!" So I'm thinking oh wow this is easy she's already coming out. Well, NOT! She was still pretty far inside. Finally she got to the point where she was actually starting to come out.. the epidural didnt work for this part. I was screaming! But I never stopped pushing. I pushed as hard as I could, 3x for 10 seconds per contractions, for 2 hours straight! I am damn proud of myself!!! So after all this they give her to me and the first thing I say is OMG she has my mouth. Lol. Then they take her away because she really wasn't crying and she was white as a ghost! The nurse told me that they might have to take her to neonatal so I start bawling! The doctor came in and said no she's fine, so I was pretty happy. So then they give her back to me again :)




But the nurses at the new hospital are ABSOLUTELY amazing. I actually enjoyed my time in the hospital.. except for the fact that Marley had to be in the NICU for low blood pressure. But she's fine now and she's absolutely perfect. She only cries when she's hungry, but that might be because no one ever puts her down. Breastfeeding is really really tough, but we are getting through it :) And it will be worth all this pain!

No comments: