Friday, February 4, 2011

My (Unexpected) Girly Girl


Marley will be 2 years old NEXT MONTH!! It sounds so crazy to say that. I can't believe how fast she is growing..


Her favorite toys are her Princess slippers, her Melissa and Doug pizza and other play food, and her play kitchen equipment..  She puts all of these toys in her play shopping cart (not the cool Melissa and Doug one from christmas, that thing was just an accident waiting to happen.. so it stayed at Mam Maw's and she plays with it when we go over there) and pushes them around the living room. Every once in awhile she sneak into my room and get a DVD to watch.. but I've put an end to wathing Toy Story (or an other movie) over and over again!


She loves buckling EVERYTHING she can get her little hands on. As soon as Rory gets out of her bouncy seat, no matter what she is doing, she will buckle it together. So I have to unbuckle it a lot during the day.. Kristina has had the same problem having to unbuckle SJ's booster seat whenever she wants to put him in it :)


She hates having her hair done, which is why it always looks like a mess. Even if I do end up talking her into letting me do her hair, she pulls the hair tie out immediately after I'm finished and put it around her wrist.


My beautiful, almost 2 year old, first born daughter is not potty trained, because I am much too busy (mostly lazy) to follow through with it. And because she COMPLETELY fills her Huggies diapers full with "pee pee" in an hour or less. I am waiting until she turns two to really start it, I've promised myself! I refuse to be changing diapers well into her second year of life. So hopefully I will stick to my plan.


She is still a pretty good eater.. definitely not as good as when she was about SJ's age (9 months) but I can still get her to eat quite a bit. And her chunky belly is the proof. Her favorite food is still pizza, but she also loves frozen mixed veggies with hummus, couscous, oranges (her favorite snack), toast with Nutella, and kind of pasta, and of course cookies, brownies, and everything else in that category.. I guess she gets that from me. She loves milk more than anything and could probably drink a gallon in one day if I would let her. She has to have a drink of something at all time during the day, which is usually water with a splash of whatever I'm drinking (which is usually Sprite Zero or green tea.. yeah I know, I'm awful).


She is by far the coolest, almost 2 year old I know.

No comments: