Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summa Summa Summa Time.


The girls and I are just getting over a nasty bug we had this looong weekend.. Or at least I thought we were. There was on day.. Tuesday, where I thought that Marley and Rory were feeling better, and yesterday they started acting sick again.. and felt feverish.


They both have awful coughs that keep them up every 20 minutes at night, and the baby Vicks just isn't cutting it. 


This weekend I didn't take any pictures of fireworks, or Marley playing with sparklers.. I forgot my camera and honestly just felt too crappy to take any pictures anyway.


Bobby got Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off, and I am so glad he was here to spend time with us even though we were sick. Somehow he didn't catch any of the sickies that were going around here, which is good.


Bobby and I have been house hunting the passed couple months. We just started talking with a Realtor a couple weeks ago, and have only looked at a hand full of houses. We are very picky :) We found a house we both really like.. 5 acres, 3 bedrooms, pretty secluded. I was on the phone with different banks yesterday all morning and I thought I might pull every strand of hair out of my head.


Rory has been taking a few steps here and there. She still loves to crawl though. I stopped breastfeeding a couple weeks ago, sad :( After nearly 3 years of being pregnant and then breastfeeding, and being pregnant while breastfeeding, and breastfeeding a second time, it is very strange to not be doing either. I gave her formula for a few days and just decided to make he switch to whole milk. She loves it. 


Marley and I have been doing some Hooked on Phonics lately. We haven't done it in awhile because of everyone being sick, but I think we will start again soon. We just watch a DVD on letters A-H and then every once in awhile look at some flash cards. She likes to do it, I wouldn't even bother with it if she wasn't interested.


I bought her a tote full of art supplies the other day. Crayons, colored pencils, paints, markers, notebooks.. She loves it. 

She is like a teenager now.. she acts like she is way too cool to get her picture taken. Usually I will come up with some sort of creature and tell her it is on my camera.. she will look for a few seconds and that's it. "Marley there's a snake/lady bug/giraffe/walrus/sea cow/oompa loompa on Mommy's camera!" She looks EVERY time! Lol :-)

No comments: