Thursday, May 10, 2012
Zackary Alexander
Currently I have one child with Aunt Amber, one napping, and one watching Go! Diego Go!, so I thought I would make a new blogpost before making dinner! Last Wednesday eveneing I went to my doctor's appointment and was told that he was going to go ahead with the induction that we had been talking about since about the middle of my pregnancy. I went into the hospital at 4:30 to get some medicine called Cervidil and be monitored throughout the night. The next morning the doctor said that I had progressed from less than 1 cm to almost 3 cm, so we started pitocin (devil medicine) and waited for it to take effect (affect?). My contractions were pretty manageable for awhile, I really wanted to try and get a couple hours of sleep before pushing so I got some medicine through my IV that made me face feel funny and my arms feel like weights. I really enjoyed it, lol. I slept for a little bit and then the doctor broke my water. This is when the hard part began. The contractions became completely unbareable. I could barely breath through them. So..at 4 cm I got my epidural! Even though I wanted to wait a little longer. It took a few contractions before the epidural really kicked in, and I had a "hot spot" (as the anesthesioligist called it) in my left hip. I could feel all the contractions in that one spot and it sucked. But, it was better than the epidural I got with Rory (I could feel all contractions on the left half of my body). After I got the epidural I progressed SO fast. I was still soooo numb that while I was pushing I couldn't feel anything (except for that one "hot spot" in my hip). The nurse called the doctor and told him it was time for me to start pushing. After she called and told him to leave the office and canel the rest of his appointments I told her that I pushed for at least 1 1/2 hours with my first two children. I think it made her a little nervous because she made the doctor leave and come to the hospital and she may have been wasting his time. ANYWHO, before I started pushing I started puking. I was super nervous that I was going to go through the same kind of situation I had while pushing with Rory (it was extremely painful and hard to concentrate on pushing, I literally thought I would never get her out) I started pushing and everyone kept saying OMG he is coming! He is going to be here any minute! I didn't believe them and I wanted everyone to shut up. They said the same thing with Marley and Rory and it still took at least an 1 1/2 hours. But, seriously less than 10 minutes later He was here! I couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop crying, ha! Anyway... not sure how much sense any of this made. Trying to hurry before my motherly duties call, ha. Here are some pictures :)
You just try and tell me this isn't the most handsome little guy you've ever seen! :) Well I think so anyway :)
(I have a ton more pictures of our new little guy but these are the ones I have taken with my camera)
Please excuse typos, my pain killers make me sleepy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
your amazing!! so happy for you.
I can't wait to meet him...can't believe Jackson and Zackary share birthdays!!
Thank you! :)
I know it! That is too crazy! This summer we will hopefully come camping at the lake and we can switch babies for a few minutes lol
Post a Comment