Wednesday, November 7, 2012
6 months
So Zackary is 6 months now. He was supposed to have his check up today but we weren't able to make it (damn Bobby's P.O.S car). He's definitely chunking up though. And I'm not surprised. THis kid loves food. A LOT. Don't try to eat anything in front of him without giving him a bite because he will have one major fit. He loves anything and everything, not picky at all. The girls really weren't too picky either but Zackary.. he really don't care what it is, he just wants to eat it. I promised myself by six months I would start (for real) sleep training, and I'm kind of stuck to my word. He was been taking naps in his crib, an hour and a half for each of his 2 naps, but he isn't falling asleep on his own. I will let him fuss and cry for a bit but then I'll go in a pat his back until he falls asleep. If it takes too long I won't stay because it kills my back to lean over like that, ha. But he's doing good. So far his naps have been at 9am and around 130pm. Today he had a third nap because his second nap got all messed up and didn't last long. I had him and Rory stay with my mom while I voted (Romney)and went grocery shopping because we have absolutely nothing to eat, Bethie had to bring us breakfast this morning (milk and muffins ha), He ended up falling asleep in the car while getting Marley from Preschool, so it was less than an hour long. He is still sleeping with us at night and probably will for another couple months. Right now he ins't feeling good and is literally nursing constantly throughout the night. I mean CONSTANTLY. He will not stay asleep without nursing, he just wont do it. I'm just going to assume it's because he is sick and hope the when he feels better he will go back to normal, and then I can start crackin' the whip on sleeping longer at night. I'm going to try not to rush into it. I've realized now that I'm starting to miss all the little things that I'm not going to get to experience again. I moved Rory to a big girl bed randomly one day on a whim, because that's just how I am, and now she sleeps in Marley's room, and I'm missing our old bedtime routine :( I used to carry her through all the steps of the routine, brushing teeth, walking downstairs to get her water and ice, and carrying her back upstairs to lay her in her bed and give her kisses and let her teddy bear and her doggy give her kisses and then telling her sweet dreams and walking out of her room. Now she walks to the bathroom by herself, gets up on the sink by herself, brushes her teeth (partially) by herself, and climbs up on her top bunk all by herself. It's depressing. I miss our old routine. She barely even needs her bear and her dog, I'm pretty sure she'd do just fine without them.
Okay I'm done rambling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment