Sunday, September 1, 2013

Soccer/Wilfred

Yesterday was Marley and Rory's first soccer practice. It should have been their second but since I am an awful mommy and was up all night with Zac last week we overslept last Saturday and missed it. I don't think I've ever felt so bad. Anyway, we were up a littler too late Friday night watching Wreck It Ralph, so Marley was not in a good mood. She refused to put on her soccer clothes and once we got to the field she refused to get out of the car, so Bobby stayed with her and Rory, Zac, and I went and had some fun! I was actually really really pissed off when we first got out there. The "coach" didn't even take initiative to get Rory involved in anything. I had to. There were 4 other boys there, and she was helping them get into the stretching positions and seriously paid no attention to Rory. I hate to sound like one of "those" moms that thinks their kid should get all the attention, but I didn't pay $55 to do all the work myself. But it got a lot better once Rory warmed up to it. I still think this girl could have done a much better job with her though. Rory didn't care either way, but I did. And just thinking about it now is getting me all bothered! haha! soccer1 soccer3 soccer2 Anyway, after soccer the kids went with Mam Maw and Papaw with plans of going to the waterpark, but it rained, so that didn't happen. And we went to Missouri (right passed St. Louis) to get the newest Callahan, Wilfred! And, yes, I got his name from the show on FX with Elijah Wood, haha. I love that show. It was between Wilfred and Baxter (from Anchorman), but since he will be a big, gray, fluffy dog I thought Wilfred was a better choice. He is a Sheepadoodle puppy (Old English Sheepdog/Poodle, I'm pretty sure his mommy was a Sheepdog and his dad was a poodle), he is all black for now but will most likely turn silverfish gray. You can see his silver color around his eyes and above his nose. He has super curly hair and I just love it! We got him from a super nice couple, Trish and Ray. They have 22 dogs! That live with them in their house! Lol. I couldn't believe it when she told me. Wilfred will be PLENTY for us. He was soooo good on the ride home. I was nervous and figured I would be chasing him around the van the entire 5 hours home, but he mostly sat on our laps and looked around, and took a couple naps. We stopped a few times to let him go potty. He is just perfect. He did extremely well last night. He howled and barked for a few minutes and then calmed down. Wilfred2 wilfred1 He's just too cute!!!!

2 comments:

Bradi Leigh said...

Aww, Wilfred! He's so cute! And poor Rory :( I'm convinced mom's get way more upset than kids....don't mess with a momma, haha

Kourtney said...

(don't know If you will ever read this, but anyway) I know! She didn't care. But I sure did. Lol!