I'm going to write all about my LONG, miserable, on the verge if TMI labor and birth story, mostly for myself, so feel free to skip down through this next part if you'd like.
It all started Wednesday morning at 2:30 am, I was woken up by extremely painful contractions. I definitely had no doubt in my mind that this was false labor. I had about 4 big contractions before I got up to go potty. Afterward I was walking back to bed and felt my water start to leak! But of course I wasn't convinced it was tine to leave yet, so I waited another half hour before telling Logan to come and pick me up (so Bobby could stay with Marley while she slept). We got to the hospital and found out I was for sure staying, so Bobby took Marley to kristinas and cane to hospital with me and Logan. I was in a pretty big amount of pain, nothing I couldn't handle, but I was dialted enough for the epidural I said sure why not. But instead of doing that I tried nubain first until the contractions got really bad. I really enjoyed my nubain experience, haha. That was about the only part of the entire labor that I liked. Well the contractions started getting pretty bad so it was time for the epidural. I wasn't too nervous because it was a breeze when I got it with Marley. Well I shouldve been nervous, because it was extremely painful. The numbing shot hurt really bad (which is normal) but every other part of it hurt too. I remember feeling a tiny bit of pressure when u got it last time, but I felt a lot of pressure this time and it kept happening for what seemed like forever. So after that joyful experience I immediately felt sick and was pretty positive I was about to die, ha. My blood pressure dropped pretty low and with my awful anxiety problems I started panicking and couldn't breath. I was so numb I couldn't feel my arms. I ended up puking after everything got back to normal. The anesthesiologist said I got way too numb from the small amount of medicine she gave me so she wasn't going to give me any more medicine than she had to. So even though it made the contractions bareable, I could still feel (almost) all of them. Eventually it stopped working and when she gave me more medicine (for the 3rd time) it wasn't working in the left half of my body. I have no idea why. By then the contractions were REALLY bad and I could feel every bit of them, plus back labor on top of it. The back pain was the worst part of it all. Well I was dilated at 6 cm so the doctor broke my water an it went pretty fast after that. I was in a lot of pain though. When the nurse was "checking" me she had me push and immediately said "stop!" because I guess I was a "good pusher" as she said. it was time to start pushing. I had to wait for the doctor to get back to the hospital before I could start though, so that was pretty difficult. They were pretty certain I was going to push her right out so the doctor was in the room right away. I was having contractions really close together before the doctor got there, and as soon as he walked in and was waiting for me to push, there was about a five minute break between the last contraction and the next. So as I'm lying there, looking all attractive and in such a lovely position, allthe nurses, Kristina, aunt Kristie, Bobby, and the doctor were just standing there in silence staring at me. I couldn't even help myself and started cracking up. Talk about an uncomfortable situation. Apparently that first push was the only good push I had, haha, because after about 10 minutes of pushing som more the doctor said it was going to be awhile and said he'll be back when it's time. So im still in terrible pain and can feel EVERYTHING at this point. The epidural had completely wore off, even though it was only numbing my right half and didn't make much difference. I (again) was pretty positive I was going to die. Haha. Not really but I was in so much pain that I thought for sure I woul end up giving up and they'd have to cut her out. I'm pretty sure a one point I asked them too hahaha. I was screaming and crying for the entire hour and a half that I was pushing. My back was in constant pain and the contractions were incredibly painful. Finally the said she was almost out and I pushed a few more time and she was out! I honestly thought she was never coming out. The only part of delivering Marley that was painful was her head ad shoulders, but that was the only part of rory's birth that didn't hurt at all. It was just more of a feeling of relief. When they put he in my i could barely concentrate on her because I was so excited to be done with pushing, lol. In no way shape or form did I want to have a natural birth, but I might as well have had one. Idk how women do it, especially more than once, knowing what they're in for! crazy! The first thing I said was "she's not that big" and everyone looked at me like a was crazy. The doctor told me she's at least a 10 lb baby. Well she was 9 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long. At first she looked exactly like her big sissy but
As time went on, we realized she definitely has her own look. She has my nose, eyes, mouth, and body. She has bobbys chin just like Marley and chubby cheeks like Marley too.
Everything has been great since we got home (except for all my aches and pains). Marley is doing pretty well with Rory. She is not doing very good at nap time and bed time though, but that's nothing new. We have a hard time stopping Marley from smothering rory with kisses and hugs.
Pictures our backward lol. Last pctures are from hospital first ones are at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment