Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lots and Lots of Updates and Pictures

Having Rory here has been so much fun. I thought it would be more difficult and stressful having another baby, I figured I would never be able to leave the house and Marley would be so bored staying cooped up inside all day. Well I was definitely wrong. Most of the time (with the exception of when Marley is cranky and tired, lol) I can't wait to get them both dressed in their cute outfits and take them out to day something. I guess I forgot, after the months and months of being pregnant, that it's actually possible to actual have energy and be able to go out and do something! It's not a hassle getting everything ready to leave; it's pretty simple getting Rory in my Gypsy Mama, and throwing Marley up on my hip and taking them down to the car; and it's way easier than I thought getting them both buckled into their car seats. Marley has grown so much since Rory was born. She immediately become more independent and took on her role as "Big Sissy." Whenever Rory makes any kind of noise Marley is the first one to run over to her and give her a kiss on the top of her head and say "Shh, shh" with her little finger up to her lips. It's absolutely adorable! She doesn't seem to be the lease bit jealous and she's taking to all the changes wonderfully. She's starting to put words together, for example, "I said no!" and "Come on!" Ha. She's getting so big it's hard to believe. Rory is doing amazing as well. She sleeps most of the time, except for about a 20-25 minute period in the middle of the day where she is wide awake and taking in everything around her. She has the cutest, dark blue eyes! I don't if they will change, or stay that color. Marley came out with dark brown eyes and they have been that way ever since. Rory usually wakes up every 1.5 to 2 hours during the day to eat but gives me a nice break in the middle of the night and stays asleep 3 to sometimes 4 hours at a time. I take care of the night time stuff and have no problem what so ever with that. I usually wake up when I hear her rustling in her glider, and I just like to have her all to myself for that 20 minutes it takes to nurse her, change her diaper, and get her back to sleep. Marley is actually sleeping with us and, if there was enough room in the bed, I would probably have Rory in there snuggling, too, ha. I've tried to talk Bobby into upgrading to a king size bed, but he's not breaking. Probably for the best though. My arm is still in extreme pain at night. It usually doesn't start hurting until around midnight lately, and it hurts from then until I wake up at 7 in the morning. Icy hot patches and a heating pad have become my new best friend. I think the smell of menthol will always remind me of Rory being a newborn, ha.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

They are so beautiful.Rory looks so much like Marley. Its crazy to think that we have "known" each other since we were preggers with Ethan and Marleyand now you have two babies and were going to want one soon too.. Congrats..its good to be your web friend lol.