After four years of being pregnant and breast feeding non stop, I haven't got a lot of "me" time. I notice how so true this is when I randomly get a second throughout the day when I'm not being yelled for, cried for, or just needed for any reason. It's the little things that excite me. Like when I'm in my bed, and I realize that I'm not two inches from one child on the right and on the left, and I can lay on my stomach or my back and just completely take up my half of the bed. I don't know if its from co-sleeping with our babies (and in Marleys case our toddler) and having to sleep like a statue so I don't roll over or wake them up, but there's just something about being able to take up as much room as possible that makes me so unbelievably happy. It's kind of pathetic actually. This morning after Liam came, Zackary woke up, they had breakfast and played for a little bit, and then it was nap time. They had both finally fell asleep and Marley and Rory were still asleep (which never happens), and I just got to sit on the couch and grab a blanket and just lay back, without having knees and elbows digging into my hips, or getting kicked in the back or face because someone is doing a summersault next to me, or having someone ask if they can play with my phone. Nope it was just me! And it was pure happiness, haha! When I get moments like that it just doesn't seem real, ha. Silence is such a rare thing in this house that my brain imagines the sound of a crying child and I think "Well that was nice while it lasted."
It's nice to have moments like that. But I like our craziness. And I like the looks people give me when I tell them we have three children 3 and under. Or when I have three children piled on a double stroller, people just look and smile and some comment saying "oh my you have your hands full." Yes! We're definitely never bored in the Callahan house.




1 comment:
Such a sweet post :) Totally agree about sleeping, though!
Post a Comment